Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The beginning....


Hi! I'm Darren. I was technically born in Blackpool , but actually raised in Fleetwood- home of that lovely yet tart throat lozenge, Fisherman's Friend, and errrr... nothing else. December '69, that's when I was born, so you could say I'm a child of the '60's, albeit the arse-end of the sixties. And if you did, I'd thump you.

After finally being forced to leave school because I had to (apparently, after Sixth Form that's it - you have to leave the premises), I eventually found myself irresistibly drawn towards the dark shady world of the Civil Service (the "Ministry" in those days). If you asked me what I do there, well, I'd have to kill you if I told you. Alternatively, you'd die of boredom anyway if I told you. Some 17 years later, I'm still there (sigh) but hey, it's a job.

I'm still working in Blackpool, and whilst working for the Gov in 2001 I had the good fortune to meet a gorgeous woman. Unfortunately she was only there to change the toner on the photocopier and I never saw her again. Especially after the injuction was slapped upon me. But I did meet the lovely Celia, who is fab and life's never been the same since.

We finally got engaged in 2005 and now live happily in Marton with our son-stroke-cat, Greebo. And life is good.

Anyway for any bod who's actually reading this, my little blog will be full of occasional ramblings about music, TV, comedy, cats, Doctor Who, my life and the people who inhabit it.

Enjoy.

No comments: