Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It could have been us...


As a Manchester United fan, it should hurt to say this, but it doesn't - well done Arsenal in getting to the European Cup final. They deserve to be there. I must say I was willing Lehman to save that penalty, though there was a part of me deep down hoping he wouldn't. But that's part and parcel of being a fan - you've got prejudices, but sometimes you have to be able to rise above them. For example, Alan Shearer - hate the bloke because he turned us down, but you've got to grudgingly admire him as he's a quality act (not many medals mind you), but you don't want to see his playing career end on a physio table.

Anyway, back to Arsenal - no matter what has happened in the past between them and us, I have to say that Wenger has put together a promising side. I can't see them winning the trophy somehow, especially if Barca are playing them, but I'll be be behind the Arse come the end of May... something I couldn't say last year with the likes of Chelsea or the bin-dippers (oh if only last year's final ended at 45 minutes).

Next season Chelsea won't have it so easy with Arsenal & us snapping at their heels. Oh, and probably the Scousers lurking around like a bad smell.

No comments: