Monday, February 12, 2007

"Music you may like" department:

Inspired as I am from my singles reviews, I've been lurking around YouTube looking for interesting stuff. As you do.

Here's a video I loved from the Nineties, when I used to watch MTV in the middle of the night. Laurent Garnier's "Flashback". Very funny, especially the interruption in the middle.



I saw Mr Garnier live in 1998, at about 4 in the morning at the MEN Arena, when I was a bit worse for wear and knackered, as I'd just stood for 7 or so hours through sets by New Order and Underworld on the same bill. Can't honestly remember anything he played but the stage show was stunning.

How about a new duo from the US? Two sisters called The Pierces. One of them goes out with Albert Hammond Jnr from The Strokes, I discovered from "The Word" magazine. Not as if that's relevant, as The Strokes mean about as much to me as Plymouth Argyle. They look great and the track is not what I expected but quite good. Always helps if they attractive in the video as well.



Now here's the Fiery Furnaces from the U.S. with their jaunty jolly choon, "Tropical Iceland from a couple of years ago ."A fave of Celia's!


And now for Norweigan duo Royksopp. They had a trio of great singles, "Poor Leno" & "Eple" and this one - the brilliant video for their single "Remind Me" from 2002/03:



Back up to date, here's The Go! Team's Ms.Pacman inspired video for "Junior Kickstart". Brilliant.



...and finally a potted history of U2 in the alternative "Window In The Skies" video:

No comments: